Los Angeles, January, 2012 – Acorn Instruments, is now shipping the highly anticipated Triple-D5 dynamic digital drum kit. This full-featured electronic kit offers great feel, exceptional sound quality and sturdy construction at an incredible value. The Triple-D5 is ideally suited for entry-level and experienced players alike for low-volume practice, live performance or computer music composition.
A USB port is available on the Triple-D5 module to connect to a computer and is compatible with virtually any MIDI compliant music production software on Mac or PC. Record drum parts with the internal sounds or use your favorite third-party sample library.
The Triple-D5 module contains 30 pre-configured drum kits which can be customized and saved using any of the 327 available sounds. A combination of close-miking and ambient-miking techniques were used to fully capture the characteristics of renowned drum and percussion instruments in order to create a sound library that can cover music styles from rock and americana to trip-hop and electronica. Levels and panning are completely adjustable, plus there is a full compliment of DSP effects such as reverb and chorus which can be programmed for each instrument within a kit individually.
The Triple-D5 digital drum set was designed with performance in mind. The durable, rubber-coated pads provide a fast, active response. Each pad can be individually tailored to different playing styles by adjusting sensitivity, threshold and velocity. The drum frame is manufactured from extruded aluminum to ensure maximum durability, yet lightweight enough to be easy-to-transport. Every pad can be angle and height-adjusted to suit various playing requirements.
• Traditional 5 piece kit configuration
• Snare drum with rim shot zone
• All in one kick drum pad/pedal design
• Hi-hat round cymbal pad and foot controller
• 3 toms
• 2 round cymbal pads for crash and ride
• Compact single-braced aluminum stand
• Custom LCD display
• 327 drum and percussion sounds
• 30 memory kit locations, all user customizable
• Practice tracks and demos
• Built-in reverb and chorus effects
• Standard ¼ inch jack headphone, Stereo out and stereo aux input sockets for connection to/from external equipment
• USB, class compliant for plug and play
The Triple-D5 is available now with a US MSRP of $499.99 and an estimated street price of $399.99.