All New Ivory II–American Concert D to be Showcased at NAMM
WINTER NAMM, ANAHEIM, CA, January 19, 2012—Synthogy has announced that it will soon release the Ivory II–American Concert D virtual piano for Macs and PCs.
Ivory II–American Concert D is a 1951 New York Steinway® model D lauded by some of the world's greatest concert artists. This instrument has an exceptionally pure and clear tone, a remarkably expressive dynamic range and has been described by many artists as among the finest they’ve ever played. In fact, the plate of this particular piano is signed by pianists Glenn Gould and Rudolf Serkin, a testament to high praise for the instrument by two of the world’s great masters.
The piano was recorded in the Françoys-Bernier Concert Hall at Le Domaine Forget in the Charlevoix region of Quebec. This is the same hall where Ivory's acclaimed German Steinway was recorded, and also by the same team including concert technician Michel Pedneau and performer/producer Joe Ierardi.
"I try not to play favorites, but this might be the best piano we've ever done,” says Joe Ierardi, co-founder of Synthogy. “Of course, producing it for George Taylor's brilliant Ivory II engine was added incentive to exceed all of our previous standards."
Ivory II–American Concert D is a free-standing Virtual Instrument, which can run as a plug-in or standalone. Or, for existing Ivory II users, Ivory II–American Concert D will install directly into the existing Ivory II library, giving access to all of Ivory II's pianos and features from one great interface. Its MSRP will be $199 when it is released in 2012.
Highlights of Ivory II–American Concert D:
• New York Steinway D selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion and concert hall specification
• The largest, most extensively sampled of all Ivory II pianos
• The first of Synthogy’s pianos to feature up to 20 velocity levels, with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
• Includes the Award-winning Ivory II piano engine
• Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance
• Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP
• Pedal Noise enhancements
• Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
• Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
• World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
• Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
• Tuning Tables
• Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
• Dozens of programs and effects presets
More details are available by calling ILIO at (800) 747-4546 or emailing email@example.com.
Ivory II – American Concert D is distributed in North America by ILIO, carrying the highest quality virtual instruments, sample libraries, and creative tools for professional musicians.