Syntheway has released v2.0 of its DAL Flute VST instrument.
Changes in v2.0:
- Redesigned sound engine
- Less CPU use, most noticeable on Intel processors
- 24 presets redesigned in a wide range of styles
- Totally redesigned GUI - New buttons and knobs and some cosmetic changes
- New Flute multi-samples are combined into hybrid environment
- Normal, Bright and Pan Flute modes
- MIDI Automation. Support via MIDI Continuous Controller data
- Customizable Pitch Bend Range
- Drag and Drop option for Glide/Pitch effect, by clicking-and-dragging a point in an X-Y axis
- MIDI Channel selector button
- Embedded CHM help/info file and button on GUI
- Default pitch changed
- Fixed problem with note trigger not working properly. (mainly FL Studio, possibly others)
- Small bug fixes
DAL FLUTE is a hybrid flute emulator combining multi-samples of real flutes with a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) engine. Offers control over several parameters allowing you to sculpt new and interesting sounds.
- Hybrid Synthesis that combines sample-playback engine with native DSP processing.
- Powerful multi-mode filters, envelopes, and LFOs give a wealth of creative possibilities.
- Flute Selector: Normal, Bright and Pan Flute modes (Rotary switch selection)
- 24 presets redesigned in a wide range of styles ( 8 for each mode: Normal, Bright and Pan).
- FULL MIDI Automation: Complete MIDI Continuous Controller
The flute simulation in DAL Flute is controlled by the following parameters:
- 1 LFO -Low Frequency oscillator- with 6 waveforms (Sine, saw, ramp, triangle, pulse & S&H) + Speed, Pulse Width , Depth
- 1 LFO -Low Frequency oscillator- with 5 waveforms (Sine, saw, ramp, triangle & pulse) + Speed, Pulse Width , Depth
- Filter Envelope: ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) and Control the amount of the Filter Envelope Generator (Knob setting the Gain of the envelope)
- Amplifier Envelope: ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release)
Moog Filter Section:
- Cutoff Frequency: Controls the Filter's Cutoff Frequency
- Resonance: Emphasizes the Cutoff Frequency
Glide / Pitch Section:
- Variable note glide speed
- Variable Pitch
- Mono and Retrigger switch: Possibility of turn the synth into Mono Mode and Retrigger switch
- X-Y axis Glide/Pitch: Drag and Drop option for Glide/Pitch effect, by clicking-and-dragging a point in an X-Y axis
- Signal's Harmonic Spectrum (Freq. analyser)
- MIDI Channel selector : 1 to 16
- Output Control: Emphasis and Volume knobs
Formats: Instrument (VST)
Cost: US $29