Rapidcompose is a phrase-based music prototyping software for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
Version 1.21 changes:
- Chord inversions and added octave offsets can be specified by a formula; inversion description is now an integral part of the chord
- It is possible to create a new note by doubleclicking (Ctrl-click still works).
- Default note offset unit can be set in the Settings/Misc panel.
- Recording a phrase from MIDI In works again in the Phrase Editor.
- Problems with the FingerPicking Generator fixed (experienced on Windows XP).
- History data was not updated when History tab was selected. This is fixed.
- Importing a 44.1kHz audio file and converting it to 48kHz made the end of the audio silent.
- Sometimes a keyboard was rendered for audio tracks, this is fixed.
Changes since version 1.1:
- Phrase Morphing tool
- Guitar Fingerpicking Generator included
- Audio track support
- "Override Chord" button to override master track chords from the MIDI keyboard
- Track color can be specified
- Phrase name is optionally displayed over the phrases
- New track icons with pop-up help
- Pressing right Shift during phrase dragging means 'transpose only'
- VSTi compatibility improvements (SampleTank, DirectWave no longer crashes)
- UI improvements and bug fixes
- Three tutorials posted on www.musicdevelopments.com (Working With Phrases, Phrase Morphing, Importing MIDI With Autoharmonization)
- Unique non-destructive, parametric phrase-based music composition
- Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase morphing, phrase generation, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing,
- 2D view of the composition with structure editor as opposed to 1D view of DAW applications
- Intuitive drag and drop environment (you can drop chords, progressions, phrases, instruments to the composition)
- Master track with chords
- Movable, resizable and transposable smart phrases that always conform to the current chord
- Phrase and rhythm generators help you to create thousands of musically useful (not random!) phrases
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases,
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- Variations can be applied to phrases, or whole tracks
- IdeaTool that generates a multitrack composition based on the parameters and rules that you specify
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plugins) support
- SoundFont (.SF2) support
More details with screenshots are available on http://www.musicdevelopments.com/rapidcomposer.html
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor 1.4 GHz minimum
- 512 MB RAM
- Horizontal resolution of at least 1280 pixels (1600 pixels or higher is recommended)
- Windows MME or DirectSound compatible audio hardware is required (ASIO compatible audio hardware required for low-latency operation) Note: Digidesign ASIO driver is not supported
- Internet connection required for license activation
Available immediately for USD 295.