Guitar Center Professional Announces New Features and Functionality for Neve Genesys Mixing Console
— Based on direct feedback from leading engineers/producers, Neve continues to expand its Genesys Console with enhanced functionality and many new features —
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA, October 18, 2011 — Guitar Center Professional (GC Pro), the outside sales division of Guitar Center that focuses on the needs of professional users, is pleased to announce new features and functionality for the Neve Genesys, a custom-crafted, expandable analog recording console that incorporates digital workstation control. Exclusively distributed in the U.S. by GC Pro, the Genesys was designed to address the new realities of the modern professional audio industry for music, postproduction and gaming, while building on Neve’s 40 years of accumulated technical heritage.
New features being unveiled at AES include:
- New and updated Routing Implementation (L-C-R/Stereo)
- Pro Tools track arm/disarm control from the console surface
- Apple Logic Pro Integration:
- Control of up to 6 Banks of 8 faders each (48 Channels)
- Extensive control of Pans/Sends
- DAW Metering
- Ability to 'Flip' Pans/Sends onto Faders
- Channels Encoder in DAW simulates V-Pot
- EQ/Dynamics processing can be placed in any order in the audio path using the keyboard/mouse with a graphical representation of the audio chain
- EQ/Dynamics Link/Copy/Paste feature
- Digital Line Enable on Channels with AES/FireWire
- Ability to Lock Monitor Level
- Improvements for Gangs/Trims, MTC operation, FireWire clock sync
About the Neve Genesys
With its unmistakable Neve qualities of exquisite design, peerless craftsmanship and legendary Neve sound, the Genesys is a comprehensive, cost-effective solution to the challenges of audio in the digital age. The base configuration offers 16 channels of mic/line preamps, 16-channel DAW monitoring, 32-channel analog summing at mixdown, DAW control for Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo and more, 8 auxiliary buses, 8 group buses, 2 main outputs, 4 effects returns, comprehensive metering, 5.1 monitoring, 2 cue mixes, talkback services and an internal power supply. What sets the Genesys apart is its remarkable combination of features and affordability — an affordable Neve analog console with Neve’s legendary sound and digital control at a cost of less than $50,000 enables the widest possible range of professionals to make a genuine Neve console the heart of their studios. Furthermore, the Genesys has the ability to upgrade as studio owners’ requirements change — it can be expanded to over 60 channels in a straight or articulated frame, with options including motorized fader automation, recall, mastering-grade A/D and D/A converters, digitally controlled EQ and dynamics, remote mic amp control and much more.
For more information, please visit www.gcpro.com.