Pro-level flagship amps raise the power of the acclaimed Super Sonic series
to 100 watts
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (April 6, 2011) ‹ Fender¹s Pro Tube series Super-Sonic
amplifiers are widely acclaimed as high-performance, no-nonsense tube amps
that create unmistakable Fender clean tones and expressive modern high-gain
tones without masking the tonal character of the player¹s guitar. The new
Super-Sonic 100 head, Super Sonic 100 412 Straight Enclosure, Super Sonic
100 412 Slant Enclosure and Super-Sonic Twin combo are professional-level
flagship amps and enclosures that raise the power of the Super-Sonic line to
an arena-worthy 100 watts and introduce several sonically versatile new
The Super-Sonic 100 head mates perfectly with Super-Sonic 100 412 Straight
and Super-Sonic 100 412 Slant enclosures; the Super-Sonic Twin combo has
dual 12² Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers. Both amps feature:
· New Fender Automatic Bias control, which lets you easily set the
output tubes to the recommended factory setting and to your preference of
³hotter² or ³cooler² bias with no need for meters or tools.
· A Notch Tune control that lets you move the midrange notch and
fine-tune distortion characteristics for a variety of American and British
· A rear-panel damping control that lets you select ³normal,² ³loose²
or ³tight² speaker response for sounds ranging from warm and loose to tight
· An Arena/Club switch that takes the power down from 100 to 25 watts
to preserve great high-volume tube tone at lower club gig volume levels.
· Vintage channel for shimmering clean tone derived from Fender Twin
Reverb® and Showman® amps or the thick, punchy sound of a 1960s-era Bassman®
· Burn channel for edgy breakup and distortion with variable
compression, thickness and sustain.
· Custom Schumacher transformers, tube-driven Fender long-spring
reverb, effects loop with level control that also works as a
footswitch-operated boost, Black/Silver and Blonde/Oxblood cosmetic
treatments, cover and pedalboard-friendly four-button footswitch.
The Super Sonic 100 412 Straight Enclosure and Super Sonic 100 412 Slant
Enclosure both feature four 12² Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers, Baltic
birch-ply construction for increased resonance, Black/Silver and
Blonde/Oxblood cosmetic treatments, casters and cover.