My, that's a big mouse pad you have! Recently I was fortunate enough to p...
FabFilter has updated the FabFilter Volcano 2 filter effect plug-in to
version 2.10, integrating the new modulation interface design from
Twin 2 and Timeless 2, together with a new "wide" user interface layout.
The improved interface makes using FabFilter Volcano 2 more pleasurable
than ever, while the advanced filter technology inside still ensures
unrivalled sound quality and crazy sonic possibilities. Of course, the
update is free for existing Volcano 2 users.
Here is a full list of the changes in FabFilter Volcano 2.10:
- Added the new modulation system from Twin 2 and Timeless 2, making it
easier to set up and visualize modulation connections.
- Added a new optional "wide" interface layout to provide more space for
the modulation sources at the bottom of the interface.
- Added new XY sources that enable you to easily tweak other parameters
- Added new Phase Offset and Snap parameters to the XLFOs.
- Added new Delay and Hold parameters to the EG sources, and added a
visual controller to make them easier to use.
- Added a new Response Curve parameter to the MIDI modulation sources.
- The plug-in is now Unicode-aware and correctly handles international
characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders
and file names.
- Improved mouse wheel scrolling and editing behavior.
- Improved input/output/mix buttons in the bottom bar: now rounding
correctly and supporting double-click text entry.
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in
some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting <factory
default> from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance
of the plug-in.
The FabFilter Volcano 2.10 update is fully compatible with previous
Volcano 2 versions and available for download now at
FabFilter Volcano 2 is priced at EUR 99, USD 134 or GBP 84, supporting
both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in
formats (32- and 64-bit). Bundles with FabFilter Volcano 2 and other
FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Volcano 2 with great discounts
by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
System requirements for FabFilter Volcano 2 are either Windows 7, Vista,
XP, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 or VST 3 host or Pro Tools, or
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Intel or PowerPC processor, and an
Audio Units host, VST 2 or VST 3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and
64-bit hosts are supported.