|(Click for a close-up)|
FabFilter announced the release of version 3.0 of its FabFilter One synthesizer plug-in, which includes important new features, and is now also available for Mac OS X.
Originally released in March 2004, the FabFilter One's design approach results in a solid-sounding oscillator and a self-resonating cut-off filter that has been tuned carefully to achieve the character and warmth of a classic analog synthesizer.
FabFilter One 3.0 has been enhanced with a new ten-voice polyphony mode, modulation generator synchronization, filter keyboard tracking, and velocity sensitivity for both volume and filter cut-off frequency. They also developed a polyphonic portamento algorithm.
- (NEW) Ten-voice polyphony mode in addition to the original monophonic mode
- Aliasing-free oscillator with triangle, sawtooth, square, and noise waveforms with three pulse width modulation modes and additional white or pink noise
- Self-oscillating digital 12 dB/ octave low-pass filter, with (NEW) cut-off frequency keyboard tracking
- Frequency, filter cut-off, and pulse width modulation by the envelope generator and modulation generator. The envelope generator can be inverted, and the modulation generator features both square and triangle wave forms with adjustable balance. (NEW) The modulation generator can now be synchronized to the host's tempo and song position
- Portamento feature which (NEW) works also in polyphonic mode so you can play sliding chords
- (NEW) Velocity sensitivity for both volume and filter cut-off modulation
- Parameter interpolation algorithms ensure responsiveness and smooth transitions when changing any parameter to avoid digital clicks and zipper effects, even with MIDI controller changes
- Straightforward and modern user interface with large knobs and buttons for easy and precise adjustments
- Platform-independent preset system with over 100 great sounds and the ability to save your own presets as well
- Sample-accurate MIDI handling
- Arbitrary sample rates
- High 24 bits per sample accuracy
- Complete documentation with included help file
- Free support with online discussion forum to share experiences and ask questions
- (NEW) Available for Mac OS X (Audio Units) and Windows (VSTi plug-in and stand-alone version)
FabFilter One 3.0 is now available for $59 (US) as an Audio Units plug-in for Mac OS X and as a VST plug-in and stand-alone version for Window. System requirements are either Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or higher with an Audio Units host, or Windows XP, 2000, or 98 with a VST 2 host.