This new version includes:
Jupiter 8 template:
- The Origin 1.3 firmware embeds the new Jupiter 8 template which recreates the unique voice architecture and design of this legendary analog synthesizer.
New play modes:
- POLY\_UNISON: emulates the Jupiter8 "UNISON" mode, that shares up to 8 voices between the currently active notes. (Currently not available for MULTI presets.)
- UNISON parameter for MONO programs: allows the user to set the number of voices that will play simultaneously for the MONO program. UNISON "polyphony" can be set to a value between 2 and 8 in SINGLE mode, and is limited to 2 in MULTI mode.
Sequencer switch automation:
- Actions on the Sequencer "LOOP" and "PATTERNS" switches can be recorded as MIDI CONTROL CHANGE messages and replayed.
- The Origin sounds can now be processed through a brand new compressor FX module. The compressor allows adding dynamics to the sound, from smooth attacks to huge pumping effects.
Sample & Hold module:
- Derived from the ARP S&H. Takes any modulation (LFO, Env...) signal at its inputs and provides a sample and hold modulation signal at its outputs.
User Interface enhancements:
- In a number of dialogs possibility to navigate between the controls and change their value without pre-selecting them.
- Possibility to select the slot preset to load using the keypad + the edit switch. Previously it was necessary to use the browser to load a slot preset.
- A new layout of the dialog makes configuration of the "live" macros easier.
- The user can now define a set of favorite presets and navigate thru them with the Preset Browser.
- A clear feedback – using speaker icons - of the mute state of a Voice output on the FxMixer page, of the slot output on the Multi page and on the program icon in the preset bar.
- Possibility to set 2 or more MULTI slots in the hold state in a single action by keeping their "Edit" switches pressed when "Hold" is set ON (or OFF).
Portamento glide time:
- Adding of a second way to manage the portamento glide time: the user can now choose between a constant time for the whole glide, or a constant time per semitone.
- It is now possible to configure the switch pedal action in the "Performance" page.
The Origin Firmware 1.3 is available as a free update, and comes embedded in the new Origin Keyboards and Origin Desktops.
This upgrade is free for all Origin customers