Slightly OT: F Mac's Oh Well

b3keys

• Members

Does anyone know the name of the cd which contains the version of Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well that features the cool bluesy piano (Jeremy Spencer, Christine McVie?)?

Every cd I hear spinnets from doesn't have the song with the piano! Please help. Thank you.

• Members

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

• Members

the macs they used at my schools computer labs were real POS. man anytime i ran acrobat, i had about a 1 in 3 chance of it locking up, and having to totally turn it off and restart just to sign my account off cuz i couldn't go to another one while the system thought i was "signed on" to the ones that crashed! what a PITA!!! F them!!!

• Members

Originally posted by flukewurm

hahaha.. i thought this was a thread about mac hatred.

well, mac zealots can skew turn ANY conversation into a mac love/hate thread. :rolleyes:

so.. anyone actually know the answer to the original question about the Fleetwood Mac song? I sure don't.

• Members

No, this is not a thread about computer hatred! It's about Fleetwood Mac! Could we please return to the original topic?

Thank you.

Now, does anyone know which CD contains the version of Oh Well with piano? Thank you.

• Members

The album's name is Then Play On,but you'd better make sure that Oh Well is on there. I bought a cassette of that album,only to find out that Oh Well was deleted from the cassette. Christine was not with the band at this time. The musicians were Peter Green, John McVie,Jeremy Spencer,Danny Kirwan,and Mick Fleetwood. A great guitar album!If there were keyboards on that album,I must have missed them,or I wasn't listening for them.

• Members

Me too! :D Sorry I'm late....;)

On topic as herosforghosts says....

http://www.warr.org/cgi-bin/randompickpan.cgi

Then Play On (1969)

The band's original lineup was still more or less together by the time they recorded their fifth album. This time the songwriting is split between Green's bluesy, occasionally loud rockers and new member Danny Kirwan's folky pop dribblings - Spencer didn't even show for the sessions. The teenage Kirwan was a mediocre singer and an uninspired songwriter, worse than Green in all respects; he's got such a chilling effect that the band ends up sounding deathly quiet even on some of Green's songs. His only really good try is the intro track "Coming Your Way"; his instrumental "My Dream" sounds like a TV show theme song. But there is a big number here, namely Green's "Oh Well," an opus that starts out as a frenetic boogie-woogie rock/blues shouter and trails off as a creepy acoustic folk/classical guitar showcase. The first, vocalized segment got turned into a Top 40 hit ten years later by an obscure American rock band called the Rockets. Green's low-key slide-guitar spotlight "Show-Biz Blues" (a CD bonus track) is also memorable, and his talent is obvious whenever he rouses the band from its slumber. There's a lot of other weak stuff including a long, pointless jam mixed up with orchestral randomness, but it's rarely offensive and occasionally entertaining. Christine Perfect, who later married McVie and joined the band, plays some keyboards here as on their eponymous debut record. (JA)

btw its a fun site - see all your heros best works trashed!

Mike.

• Members

Originally posted by mike65

btw its a fun site - see all your heros best works trashed!

Mike.

Actually, I found the site to be very cool... I like the very critical insight into the bands and all of the stereotypical labeling.... actually seems like a pretty usefull tool for understanding an charaterizing musical styles and how people might view them.

• Members

Ok!! Thank you all for your replies, especially the ones that stayed on topic. The off-topics ones were quite, uhmm, humorous. Yeah, that's the ticket.

So, the version I was looking for, really isn't by Fleetwood Mac, but by Rockets, obscure 70s act! Wow! Didn't know that!

See, you learn something everyday from this forum.

Yunz guyz are great! (That's Pittsburghese!)

• Members

I can't help about the shape I'm in

I can't sing I aint pretty

and my legs are thin...

But don't ask me what I think of you

I might not give an answer that you want me to.

The good versions are on:

Live in Boston 1969 (out of print)

Live in Chicago.

No pianos though.

Archived