Returning an item to Guitar Center if ordered online

skatalite

• Members

So, I got my Yamaha LS6 and have spent some time with it. And, sadly, it's just not singing to me. I want to send it back, and I figure with Guitar Center's 30-day return policy, I've got nothing to lose.

I read over the return policy very closely. Nowhere does it say buyer is responsible for return shipping, even if the buyer isn't satisfied.

I contact Guitar Center, asking for a return authorization number. They ask why I want to return it and I tell them I'm simply not satisfied. They then replied saying I would have to pay for return shipping, and they didn't give me a return authorization number.

I'm kind of upset about this, so I'm wondering if you guys have had something similar happen or if you know GC is just jerking me around. I'm thinking of just calling and talking to someone, cause all of this happened through e-mail.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: I just got done looking over Guitar Center's site on their return policy. No where does it mention return shipping is on the buyer. But when I read the return policy on the invoice that came with the package, it says return shipping is on the buyer. Dur. I kinda feel hoodwinked!

• Members

That's how it works. Usually if you're not happy with the product you are responsible for shipping back to them, HOWEVER if you find a defect or flaw in the guitar (has to be somewhat legit) then they will cover shipping, also if you are exchanging i believe they will pay for shipping, otherwise thats how it is.

I buy and return stuff online like its my job haha, especially with musicians friend, they're policy is nice since its 45 days and plus most of the stuff they send me are defective through shipping or it was in the first place so I never had to pay shipping. You can also refuse a package and UPS will ship it back for you but you can't open it

hope it works out for you, try to do an exchange

• Members

Ah, it's been taken care of. :) I just gave them a ring instead of trying to work through e-mail.

I've never once had to pay return shipping on anything I've bought online. Not even with other online stores. So, this kinda took me for a spin.

But thanks for the input! Still wanna hear some stories though.

Archived