X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar ordered

Well went back to the store and returned the Takamine EG340C. I ordered straight from the manufacture. A Yamaha FGX730SC in Sunburst.

Good decision. Those Yamahas are nice guitars.
    If you find your self alone riding in green fields with the sun in your face... do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium. And you are already dead! Brothers... what we do in life... echoes in eternity! (Gladiator)

Comment

Smart decision, klorack. What flavor sun burst did you get? I bought an FG730S about three years ago with the tobacco burst and still think it's the right one.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

I'm not sure if its tobacco sunburst. In the listing of description it said brown sunburst. Here is a pic from the web page.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Klorack
          View Post

I'm not sure if its tobacco sunburst. In the listing of description it said brown sunburst. Here is a pic from the web page.

That looks sharp....I'm sure you'll love it. Apparently in the FGX line they don't have a tobacco burst. They only carry the one they call "brown sunburst". The only two other models I could find are natural and black.

In the FG line, they have a tobacco burst, a cherry burst and a natural.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Yea I am pretty amped up about this Yamaha. I really liked how the other Yamaha FGX700SC was so easy to play and sounded great if you put aside the "A" string noise it was making. I could not deal with that any more.The Takamine EG340C did not sound as good as the Yamaha and I was going to pay more money for that and it was not a solid top. This FGX730SC is more money but after finding this great forum with some very helpful people it has educated me to things I did not know about guitars. With that said and the reviews I have been reading none stop sense I jumped feet first in to this adventure paying $500 bucks for a starter guitar is not going to be a waste of money.

Thanks again to for every ones help!

Comment

Working...
            X