Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Dakota Guitars

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Guitars

Hello All,
    Has anyone heard of this guitar brand. I can't any info on them. Thanks for any bit of info you can provide.
    Cheers

Dakota Guitars was founded by one of the Rumore brothers in Tampa FL. I can't remember the the guitar guy's name, but his brother Dick owned Paragon Music and also opened The Jazz Cellar club in Ybor City. As I recall (from the early 90's) they had 5-7 models, built in S. Korea. I went with my girlfriend at the time to check them out, and ended up buying a Buck model with a Fishman pickup. Dreadnought size, great action, great sound with absolutely beautiful MOP binding and inlays. Fret markers were mountaintops with 3 mountain peaks at the 12th fret. Sounded and played great! Unfortunately, it was stolen but my girlfriend (now wife) bought me a replacement for Valentine day in 2003 or so. I am not sure they are still in business. However, if you are interested in Tampa-based guitars, check out Luna Guitars.

Comment

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

tampanorm wrote:

Dakota Guitars was founded by one of the Rumore brothers in Tampa FL. I can't remember the the guitar guy's name, but his brother Dick owned Paragon Music and also opened The Jazz Cellar club in Ybor City. As I recall (from the early 90's) they had 5-7 models, built in S. Korea. I went with my girlfriend at the time to check them out, and ended up buying a Buck model with a Fishman pickup. Dreadnought size, great action, great sound with absolutely beautiful MOP binding and inlays. Fret markers were mountaintops with 3 mountain peaks at the 12th fret. Sounded and played great! Unfortunately, it was stolen but my girlfriend (now wife) bought me a replacement for Valentine day in 2003 or so. I am not sure they are still in business. However, if you are interested in Tampa-based guitars, check out Luna Guitars.

Lunas are pretty nice, judging from the dozen or so I've had a chance to check out. Nice mandolins, too!

i replied. check the website.

Comment

Working...
    X