Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

dumb question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dumb question

    which do you prefer, tuning wise, grover, kluson, schaller, gotoh, etc.?

    and another question, i was thinkin about buying a new tuner, i liked the boss tu-2 but i dont want to spend $100 anything else, korg, boss, etc?
    MY GUITARS

  • #2
    gotoh makes a nice set of tuners. grovers are okay, if you can find a fullsize set that feels smooth.

    a boss tu-12h is a good tuner. lots of people swear by it. and its pretty good for intonateing.
    G.G. Allin was the second coming of Christ.

    Comment


    • #3
      Behringer's new chromatic stomb box tuner is out soon., if not for for
      SIG.
      [size=1] (guitpics)
      REAL men use Epiphones ------ Proud member of the MAZI BEE MILITIA, Sweaty Arm Band Division!
      G-Com
      COD2MP on xfire? Me too...

      Comment


      • #4
        Check it out...

        Comment


        • #5
          Authentic older Klusons got a bad rep for wearing out.
          Modern production and Asian copies? I don't know.
          I'm unsuccessful at this time in wearing out my Asian copies, which work perfectly.
          "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'" -Bob Newhart.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hondro
            and another question, i was thinkin about buying a new tuner, i liked the boss tu-2 but i dont want to spend $100 anything else, korg, boss, etc?


            The Korg DT-10 is a far better tuner than it's Boss counterpart. It's easier to use, more accurate and best of all, true bypass.

            Brand new they're about $89.

            Comment


            • #7
              You should consider taking a look at a Peterson.

              Peterson tuners are just like ADSL lines, once you have one there's no way you'd go back.

              They're a bit more expensive but worth it.

              I'd go for the hand held model over the StroboStomp. To use the strobe properly you need to be able to see the pattern well and having all the controls right on the front and easy to get to is useful.

              Comment


              • #8
                Look at the Seiko tuners. I got one on sale at MF awhile back and it is a great tuner.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hondro
                  which do you prefer, tuning wise, grover, kluson, schaller, gotoh, etc.?

                  and another question, i was thinkin about buying a new tuner, i liked the boss tu-2 but i dont want to spend $100 anything else, korg, boss, etc?


                  I'd get the TU-2. A local Music and Arts store here in VA sells them for 69.99 new.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff


                    The Korg DT-10 is a far better tuner than it's Boss counterpart. It's easier to use, more accurate and best of all, true bypass.

                    Brand new they're about $89.


                    the korg is all of these things except true bypass.
                    The Common Sense Mets Fan

                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

                    Comment



                    Working...
                    X