Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epiphone Dot versus Dot Deluxe: Differences?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Dot versus Dot Deluxe: Differences?

What are the differences between an Epiphone Dot versus a Dot Deluxe? From what I gather, is the difference only the gold plated hardware? Also, are the pickups the same on both models? The description for the Deluxe states a "'57 classic alnico humbuckers" and the Dot simply states "dual humbuckers." Thanks

I think the differences are purely cosmetic. The deluxe has a flamed top and gold hardware; I think that's it.
    Guitars: 2 Partscasters (SSS and SSH), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified)
    Effects: RMC4 Wah, BYOC Envelope Filter/Auto-Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, EHX Big Muff Pi, Marshall BB-2, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez DE7
    Amp: Fender Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

I think the differences are purely cosmetic. The deluxe has a flamed top and gold hardware; I think that's it.

That is what I suspected although the flametop and vintage sunburst look a bit similar to me. But the Deluxe does go a bit further in describing there PU whereas the Dot simply states HBs.

Comment

From addtional research, it appears the Deluxe is a bit heavier and a majority states that it has a thicker neck. But what is interesting, not everyone agrees to the latter.

Comment

The deluxe is prettier!

Comment

the neck on the deluxe is definetely chunkier.... and the quality on the deluxe is more suspect in my opinion. bleeding paint around the f-holes and some portions not even painted.... I ordered one and returned it. I suggest getting a regular DOT
            Yamaha SA-2200
            Fender Deluxe Ash Telecaster
            Fender Bass VI

DRRI
            PRRI

Comment

the neck on the deluxe is definetely chunkier.... and the quality on the deluxe is more suspect in my opinion. bleeding paint around the f-holes and some portions not even painted.... I ordered one and returned it. I suggest getting a regular DOT

I don't know about the neck since I've never played a regular Dot. However, the quality on mine is top-notch, with none of the issues you mention.

Comment

Was just at GC in Seattle; tag said Dot Deluxe for $300, Dot for $400.
                I take tea at three.

Comment

Working...
                X