Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Pit Orchestra for "Grease"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Orchestra for "Grease"

OK, I had a great time this past weekend.  I teach high school art, but have been playing since I was 14 (now 61).  I don't play in a regular band but I still play a lot, sitting in with local groups and jamming with friends.  My high school students performed Grease this past weekend and I was #1 Guitar, with one of our seniors as #2. What a great time. Some of the younger students didn't realize I played, and those that knew were pleased to have me there.  The kids were great, the music fun and the other orchestra members were very accomplished local musicians.  One was a verteren of the show "Sing-Off" with the Dartmoth Aires (SP?).  Lots of fun.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Telecasters!!!!!!!<br />
    <br />
    &quot;Wherever you go, there you are.&quot;<br />
    <br />
    Gear:<br />
    Squier Tele (MIK)with extras<br />
    Squier Strat (MIJ) with extras<br />
    Gold-Top Tele-parts-o-caster - now belongs to my son<br />
    SX Tele - vintage greenish-white<br />
    Vox AD50VT<br />
    Zoom GFX-1 and some old pedals<br />
    -Daddy-O, Compressor, Ibanez Analog Delay(old) etc.</div>

Cool, man. I've played drums in a couple of pit bands, and it was lots of fun. I've always wanted to play guitar for Tommy.

Comment

I watched the Sing Off, and the Dartmouth Aires were great! Also, I've done this while I worked at a small school, playing drums and guitar in their productions. Lots of fun, I agree!
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• nothingstock
        nothingstock commented
        Editing a comment

One of the parents said to me years ago that I was demonstrating to the kids that playing music was for life, not just something you do in school.  I always felt good about that. 

That's great.
      I'm doing my first pit ever next month for a college production of Xanadu. I'm actually the music director for the band. I sequenced all of the keys and we will be playing to a click track. I have some problem solving to do. It has already made me grow as a musician. I'm figuring out what I'm going to use for my rig this week.

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with: <br />
        FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,< br />
        ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,<b r />
        AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,< br />
        downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76</div>

Comment

Working...
        X