No announcement yet.

Pit Orchestra for "Grease"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Orchestra for "Grease"

OK, I had a great time this past weekend.  I teach high school art, but have been playing since I was 14 (now 61).  I don't play in a regular band but I still play a lot, sitting in with local groups and jamming with friends.  My high school students performed Grease this past weekend and I was #1 Guitar, with one of our seniors as #2. What a great time. Some of the younger students didn't realize I played, and those that knew were pleased to have me there.  The kids were great, the music fun and the other orchestra members were very accomplished local musicians.  One was a verteren of the show "Sing-Off" with the Dartmoth Aires (SP?).  Lots of fun.

Telecasters!!!!!!!

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Gear:
    Squier Tele (MIK)with extras
    Squier Strat (MIJ) with extras
    Gold-Top Tele-parts-o-caster - now belongs to my son
    SX Tele - vintage greenish-white
    Vox AD50VT
    Zoom GFX-1 and some old pedals
    -Daddy-O, Compressor, Ibanez Analog Delay(old) etc.

Cool, man. I've played drums in a couple of pit bands, and it was lots of fun. I've always wanted to play guitar for Tommy.

Comment

I watched the Sing Off, and the Dartmouth Aires were great! Also, I've done this while I worked at a small school, playing drums and guitar in their productions. Lots of fun, I agree!
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• nothingstock
        nothingstock commented
        Editing a comment

One of the parents said to me years ago that I was demonstrating to the kids that playing music was for life, not just something you do in school.  I always felt good about that. 

That's great.
      I'm doing my first pit ever next month for a college production of Xanadu. I'm actually the music director for the band. I sequenced all of the keys and we will be playing to a click track. I have some problem solving to do. It has already made me grow as a musician. I'm figuring out what I'm going to use for my rig this week.

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun.
        Good deals with:
        FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
        ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
        AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
        downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

Working...
        X