No announcement yet.

My White Strat Comes out of Hidiing

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My White Strat Comes out of Hidiing

After I recorded this, I noticed that, while my playing on this song is pretty basic, the tone is quite nice. Almost Jeff Beckish in its rich upper mids. I've also mastered the art of holding the trem bar between my pinkie and ring finger to give the long, drawn out notes a subtle vibrato. 

I hope you enjoy this tune. The bass part was played on my Danelectro Longhorn and I did the whole thing on my iPad using my new Moog Mini V synth, Animoog, Sunrizer and the Gorillaz version of Korg's Electribe, all captured via Auria DAW using Audiobus to link everything together. My Manuel Rodriguez classical guitar also makes a cameo.

I'm trying to get a buzz going over at my Soundcloud site--it's been difficult because I think that my new songs lean toward the electronic end of the scale, but I think you will like this one.

Garbiel in the Arena by Jeff Bauer

56strat1.jpg

Attached Files

Sorry--I think my link may have gotten lost. It's back up and running now.

Comment

I'll have to listen later, but that's a gorgeous finish on that Strat.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

docjeffrey wrote:

Garbiel in the Arena by Jeff Bauer

Nice.

I like the contrast between the guitar and the electronic sounds.

"Jeff's Guitar Shop"

the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes

Comment

• wankdeplank
          wankdeplank commented
          Editing a comment

Nice, I like the tone of that Strat.

Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

How does something go into HIDIING
          Big rocks got stacked on top of each other. Is this proof of alien life? Yes it is

Comment

Beautiful strat doc!

My Guitar CollectionProud endorser of:Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.comGLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.comOrange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

I listened, super playing and style as well as effects and recording. Cool guitar, nice finish. All in all, great post, neat guitar & music.

So many guitars, so little time

Comment

• taloujazz
                taloujazz commented
                Editing a comment

very nice 

I love that kind of atmosphere

(do you kow Tangerine Dream ?)

Working...
            X