Today I demoed the Slow Hound by Foxpedal. IMO, a great and very underrated OD pedal.

italobrito

• Members

Regarding the demo, a friend does the music stuff and I do the camera/editing/co-production.

Most the time people mention Foxpedal and their overdrives they're usually talking about the Kingdom, the Foxtail or even the Wrath. I got to demo the least spoken of the bunch, the Slow Hound, and it has just become one of my favorite overdrive pedals. I know I change my OD preferences more than I change clothes but this one seems special. I don't know if the circuit is original or inspired by any other, but it just sounds so smooth (and at the same time slightly edgy at the high end) for any mid-gain application, especially for blues rock. First time I plugged it in I immediately felt like playing Pride And Joy and it nailed that tone. The tone knob is very versatile and can tame even the muddiest humbucker or the brightest singlecoil. Plus you get an independent boost circuit that can be used to achieve some extra sparkle or even take it into higher gain territory when maxed out. And it looks damn good on top of that.

This is all just my personal observations, by the way (me, the videographer and hobby guitarist, not even the guy playing in the video). The demo speaks better than I do.

Anyway, what do you think?

Archived