Good Overdrive pedal for an Orange amp?

tropics

• Members

Hey ive had a jeckyll and hyde in the past, many many years ago but i returned it because i didnt know how to use it. i was just getting into pedals around age 14-15 and mars music was still around.

anyways i have an orange rockerverb 100 and am in the market for an overdrive pedal now that i know how to use them. i love how my fuzz pedals fill in the sound and make my dirty channel sound huge and full. i wanna try doing this with an overdrive that can be on a majority of the time. oranges accentuate the lower-mids, so would an overdrive that helps with the upper mids help even things out?

im open to any suggestions but how much is too much for an overdrive? i would think $200 as the ceiling. the ones i hear praised alot are the fulltones the hotcake and ocd, and i dont know of how many chances ill get to test them with my amp. im going to russos music in nj soon to test out a better selection of gear in a week.

• Members

You don't like Orange ODs? I think they're :cool:

I think I'm about to pick up an orange rockerverb 50. I really want a Dr. Z KT45 but the orange will be best for a project I might be involved in real soon. Once it's over I may sell it and get the KT45 but I'm scared I'll fall in love with the Orange. :o

• Members

Originally posted by tropics

yeah i made one too. i think it sounds good but loses a lot of the non-treble frequency. im looking for something more round overrall

The Keeley Fuzz Head is recommended for Class A amps, but works well with most crunchy tones. Don't let the "fuzz" title fool you. It's a full bodied germanium boost, kind of like a full range rangemaster with loads of volume...

Yet it's very transparent if you want it to be and cleans up really well with the guitar volume. Not at all muddy like a fuzz can be, but instead very defined and crisp. Also has replacement bass caps to tailor your tone.

• Members

Originally posted by (((echo)))

i think lowroad used to say that until he got the Sagrado Poblano

Yeap.

I thought the micro was cool, and it is, but the Sagrado blows it away in many many ways. For one thing, the micro is much more compressed than you might think. The Sagrado definitely sounds a TON more open.

Archived