Repairing a Small Stone ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing a Small Stone ?

Hi All
    Could some one help me out? I came across an old Small Stone that I had quite obviously destroyed in my youth. I would really love to bring it back to life but I am a total beginner when it comes to electronics.Willing to do a bit of DIY with some pictorial help
    The Control pot is missing although the legs are still soldered to the board and there are a number of wires that are loose.
    Maybe if some one could post a pic of the inside of a SS I could use it for reference.
    The pedal is a version 2 and the board says SS issue J.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

There's a gut shot of a version 3 here: http://oldamplifiers.com/effects/e15/e15.htm

Comment

That's not an Issue J, the board is different. For the pot all you have to do is remove the old legs and solder in the new pot. Finding a replacement pot is where you'll have difficulty. I believe it uses a 1M reverse log, which might be tough to find with long solder lugs for pcb mounting. As for the rewiring unless you can read a schematic or get a really detailed photo of both sides of the pcb youre probably better off getting somebody with experience to do it. Good luck!
      "I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style" - Moss.
      Pedal mods and repairs. I do 'em. PM me.
      (tube amps too locally)

Comment

Thanks SonicVI
        I think I'm going to take some pics of what I have because I think there are some wires missing. Shame EHX used pretty much all white wires.Be prepared for a shocking sight

Comment

Here is a pic of the disaster zone .The blue wire is probably something I added all those years ago .The camera is only 1mega pixel .There is a TV engineer that attempted to fix a Zoom pedal of mine but he could not get the parts. I may ask him but it ends up being expensive he has a flat rate starting at

Comment

Working...
          X