Digitech space station vs EX-7

chrisjnyc

• Members

I have an xp200 that was modded with the space station chip by jetpacks and later acquired the ex-7.

Obviously the space station is much larger and has a lot more sounds. If you just want the synth sound though, the ex-7 is more editable. You can control the attack and release with knobs while the space station has different presets with basically no editing.

Also, on my guitar, the space station synth sound has a tendency to be a bit more like a ping pong delay with some fade out regeneration while the ex-7 tends to be more synthy.

Hope that helps.

• Members

as much i love my XP300 (my secret weapon), i have some issues with it.

1) the bypass sucks

2) wonderful patches of synth and strings, but kinda digital sounding.

3) no Mix knob/features.

4) not much editing or tweaking of each presets. just the exp pedal to tweak the limited range.

5) it's discontinued and i've to make sure that i maintain my current one.

those issues can be solve with additional pedals, e.g true bypass looper with mix knob, analog amp simulato, eq pedal). but gonna cost u some money.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I recently picked up a Digitech EX-7 for a good deal. I wanted to compare the Synth Strings with the original XP-300.

Has anyone else noticed that they don't sound the same? They are similar of course, but by no means identical (no matter how you set the knobs). I'm trying to pinpoint the differences exactly. For starters, the stereo separation is distinctly more subtle on the EX-7. And the 4th interval seems more subtle as well.

Not that this information is very useful now 10 years after the EX-7 was released. I'm really late to the party.

i miss the days when you guys used to care about stuff like the BOSS PS-3 and the Digitech Space Station redface.gif

Archived