No announcement yet.

Octophant

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octophant

Been looking for a review on here, but all I found was sarcasm. It was a funny thread, but I need an actual review.

Got a line on one for $50. Looking for an octave fuzz, and a really thick fuzz to compliment my big muff.

Any thoughts?

dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

WHAT COLOR
    For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

• xrleroyx
      xrleroyx commented
      Editing a comment
      Blue? Octophany color?

fiddy is too much. its not so much an octave fuzz ... more like a broken one...

Comment

Sore robo bum

50 is a steal IMO

Comment

• WAWBanks
        WAWBanks commented
        Editing a comment

Octophant is great, basic fuzz tone with the boost switch (labeled texture I think) in the up position and gain on full is sort of a meatier tougher muff kind of sound, this is how I have it set and then when you hit the octave up switch, it's pure QOTSA octave up fuzz.

pure lies

Comment

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/reviews/hcfx/octophant

Comment

Looking for ... a really thick fuzz to compliment my big muff.

Any thoughts?

this is the crux of the biscuit ... anyone who would call this "thing" a thick fuzz is whack yo

its super shrill, no tone control ... so what can you do? I have used the remedy of running it into a timmy type dirt pedal to use as a way to soften the edge on this thing... but a tone control rather than the three other knobs/switch that do pretty much nothing would be a first step...

Comment

• xrleroyx
          xrleroyx commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I'll have to see when it comes on Monday.

Working...
      X