5150 problem. Internal fuses?

LarryJ48

• Members

Ok, so with all the 5150 talk on here since I've been back, (my old SN was just LarryJ, but I doubt anyone remembers. :D) I went an fired up my 5150 that I haven't played in a couple of months. I've got power, tubes are lit up, but no output? I checked everything I know to check. Just guitar, cable, amp, cab. Tried plugging into my DSL50 to make sure it wasn't the guitar or cable, and then tried the speaker cable from the DSL, that I knew was working, still nothing. I've heard that the 5150 has several internal fuses that can mysteriously blow. Has anyone ever had these symptoms before? Does it sound like a blown internal fuse or something else? :confused:

• Members

Hey thanks for the reply! I forgot about troubleshooting the loop, I just went and tried that when I read the other post about the 5150 problem. I tried clicking off the loop, jumping the loop, and I tried running a preamp (J-Station) in to the return and still nothing. I'll try a guitar straight in since you mentioned that. Have you ever come across one with the internal fuses blown? I've heard of it before but never heard what the actual symptoms were. Thanks again for the reply! Any other ideas if the loop troubleshooting comes up dry?

• Members

Would you consider this something safe for the average player to investigate? I've done checkups inside an old Marshall but I had a good description of what was safe and what wasn't. What I'm asking is are they pretty easy to get to oncet the chassis is open?

Archived