No announcement yet.

Randall amp

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall amp

My dad gave me an old randall amp. On the info on the back it says its a RG-90a -115 anyone ever heard of one? I googled it and didnt get **************** really.

Is it any of these? I'm guessing it's the top right amp. It's a 1974 amp.

Comment

That looks sexy
      Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
      Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
      Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
      ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

It is but it is all-in-one. The amp head isnt seperate. And also I wonder if I could mod this to make it rock.

Comment

IIRC, it's a mid 70's (like already stated) it's a solid state take on the old Fender Bassman....cool amps, but definetely need a boost to get gritty.

Cool amps BTW.

Comment

Those old Randalls kick ass! I have an RG80PH that sounds very good. They can get very loud and will keep up in volume with any tube amp I've heard.

Comment

What would be the difference betweem a RG-90 and a RG-100? The wattage?

Comment

Probably. But I can't see why they'd make the head model with a 10w more power rating.

Comment

yup.
                  Good deals: Lucius, rfaranda, dimebag11, Goodison, Valtiel, Megadeth7684, cobrahead1030, allan wwodrum, cauberallies, stratoslacker, Guitarman216, kdragon, rockapede, thomasf, Turk 182, aenemated, neverdunn, XgaTeX, Teletypist, dogbone94, vidiot72

Comment

completely different circuit........

They didn't change to a more high gain style, until the PH series, which gave way to the ES/HT amps.

Does it by chance have any push/pull knobs?

Comment

Yep, a master volume/gain boost and a treble boost

Comment

Cool, it's just maybe when they changed it, try running a boost in front or an eq in front or in the loop....

Here are mine...

Comment

Working...
                        X