No announcement yet.

Laney Pro Tube

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Pro Tube

Hey guys, I recently acquired a new Laney Head. It says it is 75 watts, but I can find no mention of such a head online. It is the 6 knob version, says laney protube under the knobs, and says AOR series off the side on the front. There are 4 preamp tubes, and two power amp tubes. Can you help me ID this?

Thanks!

its a 50 watt laney

Comment

Does it say Pro Tube Lead?

"A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

50 watt laney pro tube AOR. You did good bitch. How much did you snag it for. I wouldnt pay over 400 for it but i honestly think they are worth much more.

Comment

pretty cool amps, can easily sound like crap, but just as easily sound good depending on how you tweak them thar knob thingy's

Comment

50 watt laney pro tube AOR. You did good bitch. How much did you snag it for. I wouldnt pay over 400 for it but i honestly think they are worth much more.

Really????....I got my AOR PROTUBE 100 for around $250ish.
            My gear thread:
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
            www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
            www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
            www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
            webcast of ZED:
            http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

No, it just says protube, also the power switch is on the back, not the front. I got it for 230, it was one of those "Gotta pay rent today" situations, I'm pumped, I got a pretty good metal guitarist coming in to do a session tomorrow, I'm going to give it the ol' test drive, matching it with a Peavey 5150 slant, should be pretty sick!

Comment

Really????....I got my AOR PROTUBE 100 for around $250ish.

they are getting more expensive as people are finding out again about them.

Comment

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2276/dsc03166w.jpg Sorry I don't have a closer pic, but you can zoom up on the head pretty closely the knobs go left to right, Presence, bass, mid, treble (all with pull boost), master volume, and preamp volume.

Comment

It says AOR series in the bottom left corner, dude.

Comment

That's an AOR30.

Unlike the 50/100, the 30 heads have the power button in the rear like the AOR in that pic. If there is no standby, then you definitely have a 30. Check the tubes. EL34 = 50/100. 6V6 = 30

Nice find
                      Smooth Transactions: the.bjorndahl, jimfog(TGP)
                      MAPZ: Marshall JCM800, Laney AOR30, Blackstar HT5, Peavey 6505
                      CABZ: Saxon Vertical OS 212, Olde Crow OS 212

Originally Posted by strtdv

I don't think cows have a well developed understanding of railway safety.

Comment

ahhhhh-- correct--forgot about the 30. he didnt say what type of tubes.

Comment

Working...
                        X