MXR Custom Badass Moddified O.D.

5150Watts

• Members

Saw one of these at the music store and decided to try it overnight with the 78' 2203. Lets just say that I never returned it and bought the thing. Very nice sounding unit. Has a SD-1 type of vibe, but with a lot more clarity, definition and bottom end. The higher frequencies were crisper and more musical than the SD-1. I am very happy with the purchase.

• Members

from my research and having tried it and compared it to my green rhino, its not a tubescremer its more of a boss sd-1 with modifications, great pedal but i prefer a tubescremer to a sd-1 so im sticking with my green rhino.

the badass modified od is a great pedal if you want something a little different then a tubescreamer, but for those who like tubescremers go with the green rhino!

• Members

I bought one also and I love it, but I like my Green Rhino better. It has a different vibe and I am going to keep it, but the Green Rhino just sounds smoother and thicker more like an amp channel than a pedal. I think that is why I like the Way Huge stuff so much.

Archived