Anyone got ALL 3? (Mesa Rec. Preamp / Rectifier Head / Racktifier)

iloveespguitars

• Members

I had a 3-channel Dual Rec and I currently have a Rackto.

The Rackto is tighter and more aggressive, but lacks the flexibility of the 3-channel version...but then again, it Channel Cloning, which is badass. From what I've heard, the Rackto sounds like any other 2-channel Dual. I haven't used a Recto Pre.

• Members

Close: I had a Rackto at the same time the guitarist in my other band had a Recto Recording Pre and a Mesa 2:90.

We A/Bed them extensively in his studio, and I wish we'd recorded the results. His did not sound as good, either through the 2:90 or the FX return of my Recto. He was disappointed to the point that he returned the preamp to GC after about three weeks.

• Members

I've had all incarnations at one point or another. The preamp was the most disappointing, and my favorite is an old Rev. F head with a serial loop and attached power cord.

Despite the myth surrounding them, the Racktifiers sound the same as their head equivalents in their respective production years (i.e. Rev. G's are darker and bassier regardless of format). They don't have special components or characteristics compared to other 2 channel heads.

• Members

T-verbs aren't quite as anemic in the upper mids (still a Recto but not as scooped sounding) and lows maybe a hair tighter. Honestly the biggest difference between the shared modes is Vintage. Vintage on any normal Recto I've had has been decent to my ears at best. Nothing mind blowing. Vintage on the T-Verb is godlike. Seriously one of the best lead tones ever.

Archived