Jet City Guise

esizer

• Members

If you haven't run your EQ all the way open yet...I highly recommend it. thumb.gif It is like a completely different amp now! It was a little honky in the high end so my treble is rolled off a bit to about 1 or 2 o clock, mids maxed, bass a little below maxed, and presence at noon. I run my gain at about 10 or 11 o clock, which is plenty IMO. Running my JCA50 like this on a band mix completely killed all my other amp gas.

TL: DR Bass 8/9 Mids 9/9 Treble 6/9 Gain 4/9 Presence 4.5/9 = love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Herptheflerp

View Post

Mine just got flipped on and is warming up, always been a fan of running the eq max on old marshalls, shoulda thought to try it on the jca before now lol.

I was looking at some new amps before I tried this...now the JCA is definitely staying.

• Members

I run my Soldano HR100+ plus which is close to the JCA100H with the settings at :
Pre-gain 5 ,Bass 5,mids 11,Treble 11 ,Presence depends on the room/stage (5-7) , Master on 5 or higher.
I use EVM12L speakers in my 4X12 cabinets though.
Maxing out some of the knob settings i find is the only way i can get the Soldano designed amps to open up and breath.
Most people don't start off setting a passive EQ like they should , which means you get full signal wide open on the tone knobs then cut back what you don't want.
I never understood why most people start off at 5 then boost or cut , that's for Active Eqing amps like Mesa,Carvin.

• Members

I used to run everything at high noon until I saw another post about diming the knobs a couple months back.

It does sound killer with everything dimed but I find myself taking the Presence down quite a bit and hover around noon still. thumb.gif

My first real amp was a Peavey XXX, and I was conditioned to start with everything on noon so every amp since then I've operated the same way.

• Members

Also if your a lead guitarist and want to be heard in the mix , one knob you need to max out is the midrange.
There's a reason why most Marshall's don't get stomped in the mix , they have that dominate mid-hi singing tone built in them.
And like Herptheflerp stated , maxing the mids on a Soldano IS like taking a blanket off the amp.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JB6464 View Post
I run my Soldano HR100+ plus which is close to the JCA100H with the settings at :
Pre-gain 5 ,Bass 5,mids 11,Treble 11 ,Presence depends on the room/stage (5-7) , Master on 5 or higher.
I use EVM12L speakers in my 4X12 cabinets though.
Maxing out some of the knob settings i find is the only way i can get the Soldano designed amps to open up and breath.
Most people don't start off setting a passive EQ like they should , which means you get full signal wide open on the tone knobs then cut back what you don't want.
I never understood why most people start off at 5 then boost or cut , that's for Active Eqing amps like Mesa,Carvin.
There isn't a mesa or a carvin that work that way unless you refer to the graphic eq which is a completely different thing.

The soldano tonestack works really well for many tones even with whacky settings though!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tech21man View Post
There isn't a mesa or a carvin that work that way unless you refer to the graphic eq which is a completely different thing.

The soldano tonestack works really well for many tones even with whacky settings though!
I believe the carvin x100b has an active parametric EQ as well as a the graphic EQ

Archived