Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas for great 1x12 cabs?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 1x12 cab for my 50 watt Verellen head. I jam with two different sets of guys and lugging my 4x12 back and forth is killing me. I figured I could buy a 1x12 or (relatively) cheap 2x12 and then just take my head back and forth. Any ideas on cabs or speakers?

Gibson SG Standard--->Boss TU-3 Tuner--->Black Arts LSTR Fuzz--->EQD Disaster Transport Jr.--->Verellen 50 watt custom head w/ matching 4x12

wow, thanks for the help guys.

Gibson SG Standard--->Boss TU-3 Tuner--->Black Arts LSTR Fuzz--->EQD Disaster Transport Jr.--->Verellen 50 watt custom head w/ matching 4x12

Comment

What do you want out of the cab. Lots of clean power in a small package, or something that breaks up a little once it's driven hard? What kind of tones are you looking for?

It's hard to beat a EV loaded Boogie Theile cab for power/footprint ratio.

I love my Ear Candy 1x12 also, it's a great little cab. Came with an Eminance Wizard.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Dunno what amp youre using, but you gotta make sure you get a speaker that can handle it.  

I made a 1x12 sealed cab, mainly for recording or casual use, with my 6505+.  Mostly hard rock, metal.

Used 1/2" pine ply for a lot of resonance, strengthened all the joints real well, sealed it, & Ill be damned if it doesnt sound just great! 

Its got about 2 cubic feet internal volume.

6505+
        70' Traynor 4x12 V30's/Tonkers
        Various2x12's

Comment

• richardcouch
          richardcouch commented
          Editing a comment

Bogner Cube

Working...
      X