X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amp noob needs help.

Okay, my name's Jake. Nice to meet you. Now that we have that covered, here is my question: Do I need to worry about this setup or can I crank 'er all the way up?

Amp: Vox AD100VTH
    Cabinet: Marshall MG412A

Pretty much the extent of my knowledge is that if there is one input on the cab, use the series setting. If there are 2 inputs, parallel. Just want to know if I will be able to crank this amp up without worrying about my cab. Any help or direction appreciated!

The cab can handle all of the output of the amp just fine. 100w amp, 120w cab.

You don't have a tube amp, but a modling amp. The tube is basically an effect, not really part of the gain structure.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.tauntr.com/">Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!</a><br><br><br><br>Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the <font color="Red">Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You</font> club!<br><br><br><br>&quot;In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled &quot;Rhythm&quot;, while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists.&quot; -Flatspotter</div>

Comment

• jakedevore91
      jakedevore91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting.. I just flipped it upside down and saw a tube, made an incorrect assumption I suppose. Like I said, tube amp noob thanks for your help ermghoti!
Working...
X