Peavey 6505+ footswitch problem

boatshoes

• Members

I use a 5150 II foot switch with my 6505+. For the past few months it has worked great with no problems. However, recently, the Crunch button has stopped working properly. Sometimes it does not turn on even if you step on the switch over and over again...and then occasionally it will? The FX Loop button works fine I believe (haven't really used it much) and the Lead channel button works great still.

I took the foot switch out the other day and lately have just been using the amp's panel to change channels...

anyone experience this problem or know how to fix it? is it worth getting a foot switch checked out or should I shell out cash for a new one.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Nevermind: fixed it.

For anybody who has the same problem and ends up finding this threat... the problem for me was a broken solder joint on the yellow "crunch" light. It's wired in series with the switch, so if that light stops working, the switch wont work either. It seems like the obvious thing to do with a broken footswitch is look for a broken solder joint. And of course, check to see if the switch is actually switching.

Archived