Can any of you make out the faces?

CLOCK13

• Members

Do you mean re. stage lights, or being in the zone?

If you are talking about the latter, then yes, there have been times where I was so focused on the performance that I would have been hard pressed to tell you my own name, let alone describe individual audience members.

That's not to say I ignore the audience. On the contrary, I always smile and address my performance to the audience. I'm definitely not a "shoe-gazer". :lol:

But it's all part of the performance, and I almost never get hung up on any one audience member.

• Members

Thank You. I am talking about when the crowd is mostly dark and the lights are on you. Do you think you would be able to make out faces of people that are somewhat far away if you wanted to look?

Not to trivialize your question, but why on earth is this important to you?

The obvious answer is, "It depends."

How large is the venue?

How bright are the stage lights?

Where are you on stage, in terms of the lights?

Did you remember to put in your contacts?

Does someone in the back of the room have an excessively large head, making him or her easy to see?

Did you bring your halogen lighting with you on stage so that during the guitar solo of "Brown Sugar", you can search for the long lost treasure of Torquemada in the back of the room?

Sometimes you can see people in the back of the audience, sometimes you can't. :idk:

Archived