Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what makes this sound?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can anyone tell me what makes this sound?

    What is the name of the funky-pitchy-bendy-tinkly instrument I hear in the background of many funk recordings?


    I think it's something to do with a glass bottle. It can be heard in a lot of Parliament-Funkadelic tunes and the percussion break in Hump De Bump by the Red Hot Chili Peppers at 2:34:
    If i can find or think of any more examples I will post them


    Please help me out guys, if i can make one of these myself its going on my band's album this weekend!