Promote your band with your own App!

kcgene

• Members

Successful marketing includes a blend of media mix. But when you are just starting out well, there are budget constraints. If your idea was to just set up a page on Facebook and then the next stop would be the Apollo... Let's just say it will probably be a long wait. You need to promote yourself. You know that, I know that and Facebook knows that. Did you know that Facebook wants you to actually pay them money to promote yourself on their page? (I guess they do have to keep the electricity on) I found this article on Musformation.com

Jesse Cannon writes; Over a year ago, we learned that Facebook would no longer allow Pages (like your band page or small business) to communicate with all of the people who have clicked on your page. Instead, they would only let you contact 15-20% of the people who liked your page unless you paid money to “promote” your page. Well, it turns out, it gets worse… Valleywag has up an article that Facebook plans on only allowing you to contact 1-2% of the people who have liked your page unless you pay Facebook to talk to them.

I have heard stories like TDS Guns in Rocklin, CA who had thousands of followers, had his Facebook account reset and had to st

art all over from scratch. Now, please understand, the pupose of this article is not to bash Facebook. It, your website, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterst should all be part of your marketing strategy. Unfortunately, relying on just one of these does not give you the digital footprint that will take you to the next level. Just being talented and playing your music is not a sound strategy for successful marketing. Fans want apps, and your Mobile App will tie all of it together to give you the chance to go viral and make you known! Mobile Apps for Bands is the future and it's here now!

What all can it do?

Promote yourself by putting yourself on your fan's phones! Taylor Swift and Charlie Daniels have one, but they paid a lot! Just like websites, when they came out, they were expensive. Now, people are figuring out how to do it and the price has dropped accordingly. Your music can be on it. (For purchase even) Your events and show calendar, messages can be sent, which you can geo-fence to send to a particular area, integrate all of it with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. This is like the remote control for all of you online presence!

This is cool, and it's very affordable.

You need more info? Check this out;

http://kcgene01.wix.com/mobilebandapps

Archived