Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

male cover band doing No Doubt's "Hella Good"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • male cover band doing No Doubt's "Hella Good"

    I saw a band cover this song last week. The band was a 4 piece, all male. They tried to do No Doubt's "Hellagood" but that song without Gwen's sex appeal is nothing.


    I don't reccommend any other bands try it.
    Syko Holiday.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by Hamer Player
    I saw a band cover this song last week. The band was a 4 piece, all male. They tried to do No Doubt's "Hellagood" but that song without Gwen's sex appeal is nothing.


    I don't reccommend any other bands try it.


    My band used to do Just A Girl with a male singer. It was funny.
    Originally Posted by hammergjh


    I will appoint you my official "get me some ********************" gopher.

    Comment


    • #3
      is Hella Good the one with the heavy breathing? I could see how that wouldn't be very appealing performed by males.

      Comment


      • #4
        My old band did Hella Good with male vocals. People loved it.
        CT/MA Music - A Site For Connecticut & Western Mass Bands/Musicians/Fans

        Comment


        • #5
          No, man. No. That's wrong on a level that can't be explained through mere words.

          No guy should cover that song. Ever. Even under duress. Like, if there's some crazy-ass mobster pointing a 12-guage at you demanding to hear "Hella Good", you should die before giving in and doing it.

          Or pull up some chick from the audience to sing it. Whatever's easiest.

          - Jeff
          Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

          Comment


          • #6
            We did, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, with a female singer - that rawked a lot of heads.
            www.lastband.com
            www.myspace.com/tlboe

            Comment


            • #7
              In my old band I sang Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle". When I left, the girl lead singer took over the tune, but didn't bother to do any gender correction. Were she not my best friend's wife, I would totally get off on that.
              I WANNA ROSK!
              Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

              "Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

              CHEROKEE PRIDE

              Comment


              • #8
                I wasn't gonna embarrass myself but I saw Jeff's protestations so I will. An MP3 of us doing Hellagood can be heard here. We do leave out the heavy breathing, and it packs the floor every time.
                Botch
                Start by admitting, From cradle to tomb,
                Isn't that long a stay.
                Life is a cabaret, old chum, and I love a cabaret...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Botch
                  I wasn't gonna embarrass myself but I saw Jeff's protestations so I will. An MP3 of us doing Hellagood can be heard here. We do leave out the heavy breathing, and it packs the floor every time.


                  Oh man. That's creepy.
                  I WANNA ROSK!
                  Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

                  "Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

                  CHEROKEE PRIDE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In that case I'm gonna put mine up too, haha:

                    www.ctmamusic.com/music/hellagood.mp3
                    CT/MA Music - A Site For Connecticut & Western Mass Bands/Musicians/Fans

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Creepy" doesn't begin to cover it.

                      AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!



                      - Jeff
                      Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        that front page band photo made me think one of the members was missing an arm!

                        Comment


                        • #13


                          This thread is not right. It will lead atheists to believe they have found evidence to support their point of view. Please make it go away.
                          I WANNA ROSK!
                          Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

                          "Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

                          CHEROKEE PRIDE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fastplant
                            In that case I'm gonna put mine up too, haha:

                            www.ctmamusic.com/music/hellagood.mp3


                            You know what? That wasn't that bad.

                            Makes me wanna see if we can cover "Bathwater" lol.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JoshHaus


                              You know what? That wasn't that bad.

                              Makes me wanna see if we can cover "Bathwater" lol.


                              Haha, thanks.
                              CT/MA Music - A Site For Connecticut & Western Mass Bands/Musicians/Fans

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X