No announcement yet.

Custom Band T shirts

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Band T shirts

Anybody have some great places to get custom printed band tshirts....im looking for a specific place where I could get around 50 shirts for $200, one color, one side...google hasnt helped me so im thinking I noticed it in a forum once
    www.fisttothesky.com

We use www.customink.com

Comment

I've used www.zazzle.com on several occasions. Not quite as good as a screen print, which I have done locally, but to maintain a no-stock store and do specialized one or two and just have a convenient place to sell multiple garments, styles and sizes, they're hard to beat.
      One more time kids; equalizers are not cross overs, vocal mics are not cymbal mics and pan knobs are not three position switches. As you were.

Comment

We use www.customink.com

seems a little expensive, no?
        www.fisttothesky.com

Comment

I've used www.zazzle.com on several occasions. Not quite as good as a screen print, which I have done locally, but to maintain a no-stock store and do specialized one or two and just have a convenient place to sell multiple garments, styles and sizes, they're hard to beat.

if they dont do screen printing, what do they do?
          www.fisttothesky.com

Comment

seems a little expensive, no?

You have to figure that you have artwork , and burning a screen and set up costs and clean up costs after they print the shirts. That first shirt is expensive. 200 isnt a huge run of shirts. the more you buy the better price you are going to get up to a point. the guy has to make money.

Comment

if they dont do screen printing, what do they do?

Honestly I'm not sure what the process is. I think they call it digital printing. The end result is pretty good but not as vivid as traditional screen printing. But to be fair most of what I've done has been white on a black shirt which is probably hardest to get right even with regular screen. But you can have them print a single shirt for a reasonable price with a quick turn around time to see if it works for you. As I said before, if the method works for you, you can set up a store on thier site that allows you to give fans easy access to any number of designs and allows you to set your profit margins. The downside is that you won't get that impulse purchase at the gig. But you can order as many as you need to cover that scenario as well.
              One more time kids; equalizers are not cross overs, vocal mics are not cymbal mics and pan knobs are not three position switches. As you were.

Comment

I looked into doing shirts for my last band. Unless you are going to be able to move >100 quickly, it doesn't really make much financial sense. For our genre, shirts were never going to sell fast enough, so it was never going to work.

Comment

Making money off of shirts was never our goal. Having a promotional tool to give a potential place to play was. Plus it's nice to have our shirts show up at a gig.

Comment

You are going to have a hard time getting a good quality printed T-shirt for $4 with a quantity of only 50 shirts.

You can bring the cost down some by using crappy nearly see through t-shirts but I would't use that low quality stuff unless they are going to be just given away for free.

I use contagious graphics and also a local guy, but we end up paying around $6 for a quality shirt in lower quantites like yiou are talking about.

Max
                    http://www.hotboxrox.com

To know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop.

Comment

I don't remember what our per-shirt cost came out to, but we did four- or five-color artwork on black shirts at http://www.contagiousgraphics.com and even then, it was very affordable. The quality is fantastic. I would suggest at least checking out their pricing.
                      Originally Posted by Captain_howdy

^^ this guy just said "lard tsunami".

UNDER EDEN: The Science of Self-Defeat at CD Baby - / - Facebook - / - Official Website - / - My Blog: Extreme Metal Musician

Member of the Jackson/Charvel Army
                      ----------------------------------
                      Jackson Guitars - ART Preamps & EQs - Peavey & Carvin Amps - Rocktron, Tech 21 NYC & EHX Effects

Comment

You are going to have a hard time getting a good quality printed T-shirt for $4 with a quantity of only 50 shirts.

You can bring the cost down some by using crappy nearly see through t-shirts but I would't use that low quality stuff unless they are going to be just given away for free.

I use contagious graphics and also a local guy, but we end up paying around $6 for a quality shirt in lower quantites like yiou are talking about.

Max

around $6 a shirt is good, what shirts did you go with from contagious and how were they?
                        www.fisttothesky.com

Comment

I don't remember what our per-shirt cost came out to, but we did four- or five-color artwork on black shirts at http://www.contagiousgraphics.com and even then, it was very affordable. The quality is fantastic. I would suggest at least checking out their pricing.

what shirts did you go with from contagious and how were they?
                          www.fisttothesky.com

Comment

We use the highest quality black T-shirt with one color printing from contagious. We have ordered from them several times and the quality has been top notch. They are also really easy people to work with! THose higher weight Ts are great, I see people wearing shirts they bought 3 or 4 years ago and they still look good.

Keep in mind that shipping charges add to your cost.

Max
                            http://www.hotboxrox.com

To know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop.

Comment

Just so you guys know there is a dude in HC Effects that posts about working at t-shirt printing place. He gives HC members a discount on shirts.
                              Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X