hey you rack guys..... suggest me a rack eq

• Members

I have an ART Dual Tube EQ at the moment, but previously used the (not-dual) Tube EQ, which is a half-space instead of the full 1U, and the Tube Channel (mic pre/EQ/compressor). In my fairly extensive experience with the ART units, they will color your tone, but that's a definite plus in my opinion. I wouldn't be without one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

so you put this where in the chain? i have heard that it goes before AND after your preamp???? i also heard of one guy cutting some frequency pre then adding it post???? what is the benefit of that? i thought your tone controls on your amp did all of this???? please help. i just dont see how this is helpful....

• 1 year later...
  • Members

i have some boss ge21 graphic equalizer, but usually i use the Tascam PE 440 parametric eq.Four channels, old but wokrs fine, is more subtle but works,.Each channel has four bands two hpf and one lpf.I'v eheard good things about the Akai one, but it is semiparametric and , it seems it's digital

• Members

so you put this where in the chain? i have heard that it goes before AND after your preamp???? i also heard of one guy cutting some frequency pre then adding it post???? what is the benefit of that? i thought your tone controls on your amp did all of this???? please help. i just dont see how this is helpful....

The tone controls of an amp or preamp are set for fixed frequencies,

an eq enables you to cut or boost the frequencies that are in between the bass, treble, mid, and presence knobs.

That's an overly simple explanation but is the gist of it.

Having pre or post eq is a preference to ones ears.

The pre eq shapes the guitar tone before the preamp can process it.

The post eq shapes the preamp tone after the signal is formed.

For example : some guys like to use a pre eq to cut some low mids (for their neck pickup) so that it is cleaner for the preamp to process resulting in a tighter low end.

another example: some guys like to use a post eq to boost some mids (after the preamp) for better definition.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

This is good to listen you are back. I am new here and really loce to be here. Cause there have lots of fun and it increase knowledge about music. med spa So i think i wll be their and will participated your all discussion. Thank you very much

Archived