Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Best scanner?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best scanner?

What would be the recommendation for the best bang for the buck for a band? I'd like to add 1 scanner on each side of our truss don't wanna spend a years salary but what's a good low priced scanner?

I have some Chauvet intimidator 1.0's they are better than nothing but if you can afford a couple Intimidador 300's they would be a better long term scanner.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 300s are the best right now. The next step down would be the ADJ Inno Scan LED. The ones below that would be the Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 200 or the ADJ X-Scan LED Plus, but they're far below either of the first picks. The important thing about the Intimidator Scan LED 300s is that they're the brightest, they have remote focus, and they have a great gobo selection.
      Professional Moving Light Technician and Lighting Director
      Author of the Basic Band Lighting Guide

Comment

• BillESC
        BillESC commented
        Editing a comment

+1 on the Intimidator 300.  BTW, was cleaning out a section of the warehouse over the weekend and found a lightly used Intimidator 1.0

Ill have to check out the 300s then!

Comment

• mate_stubb
        mate_stubb commented
        Editing a comment

From another thread - 8 Scanner 300s in this video.

Here's my old setup without fog, the intimidators do nothing really.

http://youtu.be/1gCeoiItfhU

But with fog there's a big difference
      http://youtu.be/fgX59L4-qaQ

Without fog is concentrate more on the multiLED's like the 3NX's or Fab5'a that I have....

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
        mate_stubb commented
        Editing a comment

If you are not going to use fog, maybe concentrate on the pixel mapping LED par cans like the Blizzard Rok Pix, instead of scanners or movers. I find this fixture to be pretty amazing (but it's still going to be better with fog or haze).

Yeah without haze you just don't get any beams.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
        AlmostThereMaine commented
        Editing a comment

I havent used fog or haze in a long time, sold my last Fog machine when i got out of Djing heavily. I might be interested in haze if i can find a good deal on a good quality unit.

Working...
    X