Best place to buy rack cases?

• Members

Thanks for walking Peaveyherman across the isle... but, unfortunately... I don't stock (or sell) molded (plastic) cases. Don't think I ever will either... I still have the scar in my left hand from the last one I owned.

Molded! *smacks forehead* Sorry, i completely missed that! It seems i'm full of all sorts of bad info lately.

• Members

Don't know why gregidon or WM Hellinger didn't say this but - STAY AWAY FROM MOLDED CASES. Really, except for the absolute lightest duty use (and even then sometimes), they are just not worth it.

So, gregidon's advice still stands - go to Audiopile.net and purchase EWI gear from them. Other than stumbling onto a killer deal on used stuff, you simply will not find better stuff at better prices....AND they are great folks to deal with and deserving of your business. Every single thing I've ordered from them has exceeded my expectations and was quickly shipped with fair and honest freight charges.

You won't be disappointed (unless you decide to go with a molded case anyway).

• Members

Anyone know of a good place to get rack cases? I'm looking for a molded case with a minimum of 3 spaces and a maximum of 5.

Ebay. Go to the pro audio section and search "Gator" and "MBT". Gator makes normal and shorty depth ones for short FX units. You can get them with a set of roller blade wheels and a pull out handle, too.

Boomerweps

• Members

Gotta say that I too hate SKB cases but I do have a few in stock. For some dumb reason I took a C rig out for my band to use which consisted of no less than FIVE 4 space racks:

Amp1+ dual EQ

Amp2+ dual EQ

Tascam CD player

Wireless mics (3pk)

Yamaha 01V (3mixes/mono mains fullrange)

Bass rig (4sp rack too)

All of these were in carpet covered wood racks except the wireless which was ATA. Lids were EVERYWHERE! Sad thing is that most of this gear never gets used together but split and used with other systems, this time was a fluke. Anyway that has nothing to do with anything so in answer to your question:

I get molded cases from craigslist since I can't stand what they charge for new. I've always found 4sp for around 50 bucks and they work ok for a while. Then I sell them and either reconfigure for lager cases or quit using that piece of gear.

hope that helps...

Archived