beta 57a on guitar

• Members

i tried it yesterday. never wanted to before, but yesterday had a guitar player with an extremely dark tone = wiped out high end no distortion type tone. not a bad tone, but hard to translate onto a recording.

in the past with this guy i have used an nt1000 with great success. yesterday i decided to try the 57a just for fun plus the fact that i used all three nt1000's on other instruments.

i was pretty shocked by what we got in the recorder.

a fairly smooth top end (not so with normal 57 - very dark) and the shocker: got some room bleed on the track. this was close miced an inch away from the cone, and i got some nice room tone in there i assume from the pattern picking up at the rear. it worked really stinking well.

i dont think this would work in most situations though.

note to self: continue using 57a on this guy.

• Members

hey try this if your bored tell me what happend. I use to do this, but just with A SM57

try using two 57s at 45 degree angles pointed right at the cone, an inch from the grill. reverse phase if needed one either mic. Double track the guitar. and then pan it stereo in the recording for better stereo and thicker image of his sound

Archived