JBL SR-x Input panel question

• Members

Right now I'm running some SR4722x's passively and I want to go 3 way with my system to take advantage of my Driverack's processing. The input panel says 1 is LF and 2 is HF when set up for biamp. I assume (since I don't have 4 conductor cables yet) that I can wire 1 cable 1 to 1 for the LF and I'll have to make a 1 to 2 for the HF. Is this right?

• Members

Hi Mike,

I'm not 100% clear on your question. Are you asking if its OK to run 2  two conductor cables to the speaker, one wired for +1,-1 carrying the mids and one wired +2,-2 carrying the highs?

JBL info says the crossover is bypassed in bi-amp mode so that should work.

• Members

Just Mike wrote:

I assume (since I don't have 4 conductor cables yet) that I can wire 1 cable 1 to 1 for the LF and I'll have to make a 1 to 2 for the HF. Is this right?

Likely correct.  Terminate to pins 1+/- on one end and terminate to pins 2+/- on the other end.

Assuming of course that you have NL4 ends (as opposed to NL2 ends).

• Members

I made the cables and it worked. What I did was took the NL4's on the speaker end and wired a second 12 ga speaker cable to pins 2+ & 2- and terminated the amp end to pins 1+ & 1-. It works this way, but I'm going to find some 12/4 cable that will fit in a NL4. The QSC PLX amps are set up to use NL4's.

Archived