Yamaha mg12xu or go digital with the Soundcraft ui12

• Members

decisions decisions. some input please. im looking for a small mixer for my acoustic duo. we currently are using a 16 channel board thats just overkill and i use that board with 2 other full bands and would prefer not to wear it out. the duo has gotten busier than i expected so its time to lighten and neaten up the gear. we run 2 vocals and 1 acoustic guitar and an mp3player for in between sets. very simple. i use very little effects if any. the board runs to 2 EV elx 12's mains and 1 floor monitor and one set of in ears with 2 seperate mixs (we can settle on one monitor mix so thats no big deal). been researching and have narrowed it down to the Yamaha mg12xu but I am very interested in the Soundcraft ui12 as well. these boards would also double as a home studio interface to my computer. I do not currently have a tablet to run the Soundcraft and would probably just grab a cheaper one to get me up and running. Im scared to take the digital leap but for the price its so tempting! what do i do? I can get the Yamaha new in box for 250$ the Soundcraft 299$ prob get an ok tablet for under $100...can also just use my laptop. Are these new mini digital setups trustworthy? i have this fear of it crashing the tablet mid set (then again i have a little behringer board (that i dont like but it works) that stays in the truck for backup. hmmmmm...what would you guys (and gals) do?

Archived