Alpja Juno 2

• Members

OK, so i've got a little extra cash. There's a couple of 'em floating around out there for about 200 USD. It was my first 'board, and I have fond memories.

Should I buy one ? I do use fat roland type sounds in a few of our songs. Even though the JV-1010 could probably do the same.

• Members

Sound: i had it for a few yrs, sold it. It does have some special sounds of its own, but i wouldnt call it fat or warm. Its much thinner sounding than JU-106 or JU-60. If you want classic analog sound in this price range, i think a Matrix6/6r/1000 offers more of that, or even a JX8P. All in all, dco sound, simple voice arhitecture, sloppy slow software envelopes - nothing special.

Reliability factor : A-Juno keyboard is bound to develop contact problems in time. Mine had. So, MKS-50 rack is a good option if you're set on having that sound, and want to avoid another set of keys. It's not like you'd loose a lot of real-time controllers, because there are none on aJuno2 except pitch bend and mod.

Membrane switches go away as well. I saw MKS-50 going for 140-150 on e-bay and HC.

roland_mks50.jpg

my 2 cents

• Members

Originally posted by TDman

Alpha Juno 2? Yeah, go for it, I love mine. I don't think it sounds thinner than a 106, either. It's probably a little more versatile with the extra EG parameters.
:cool:

+1

You can download the "EZ-Alpha" to replace the PG-300 too!

• Members

You can download the "EZ-Alpha" to replace the PG-300 too!

Where from? My MKS-50 arrived today so looking forward to having some fun. I'll take a slight loss in 'fatness' compared to a 60 or 106 for the saving in space!

Mind you, the same place had a JX8P for sale and it was cheaper - certainly seem to be the bargain buy at the moment.

Archived