Josh Silver's rig?

The Idiot

• Members

I was going to ask earlier... who is Josh Silver.

Now that I know... I didn't even know that Type O had a permanent keyboard player. :eek::confused:

Not a big fan... haven't listened to them since Bloody Kisses... but thinking back now I do remember some cool ambient stuff.

• Members

This was posted at typeonegative.net

tonight from Josh Silver via my asking :)

"Well I will answer this question in the wrong section, because I simply don't give a fuck. First advice I'd like to offer is Lord B, stop trimming you beard so neatly and go for a more Masonesque look, that's Charles not Marilyn. This is what I use. A Roland A-50 controller for program changes hooked up to two yamaha foot pedals one for flipping through program chains and one for sustain. The A-50's four midi outs are connected to a Roland D-50, an Korg M-1, a Mirage antique sampler and a DSP-5 effects processor. The Yamaha DX-7 is only used to trigger an Emax sampler (rack). I use a Kurzweil 2000 keyboard, with Roland bass pedals hooked into one midi channel for foot triggering of samples (in real time) and I also use the keyboard to simultaneously play with hands. All the outs are running through a Mackie 16 channels mixer (with a PCM 70 or Yamaha rev 7), JBL power amp, and two Elite 2-15", horn and super bullet cabs, to monitor myself, sub mix myself and annoy the rest of the band. This set up is inefficient but it's difficult to cover 15 years of material with any degree of accuracy any other way. I "warm up with an ass master 2000 backstage, and still feel it's the least expendable piece of equipment. Of course there's the girly vodka, so I don't hear my own or other band members errors.f*ckinJosh"

• Members

Sweet man, I think I was the one who sparked his fuck all attitude in finally telling the whole world about his rig. I asked the question about a week ago in the technogeek section on the board. I've been wanting to know for so long cause it was impossible to find out. We finally know where those incredible sounds come from....:)

Archived