Can I ask about a Gem Wizard 327L organ in here?

TheDarxide

• Members

I'm going to see it in 5 hours or so, trying to find out if I can dismantle it before i get there!!

I found this bad pic on a finished ebay acution, but this is it so far!

7b_1.jpg

Also, does anyone know why the keys don't start with a C?

(I have a Yamaha PSR at home, this is my first foray into anything else with keys)

• Members

woo hoo! This thing rocks!

This is for anyone else who stumbles across something like this, assuming the search ever gets fixed so people can find it....

Ad in the local paper, free organ to good home. Absolutely bugger all info on the web, but I went and had a nose anyway. Yes, it does fit in the boot of a vauxhall corsa! It's 95cm high, and slides in nicely on its back. It doesn't come apart like some models, it's completely one piece. Even had the original manuals and schematics.

P1010166.jpg

P1010165.jpg

Completely transistor, it's got a 25w power amp with an unbranded speaker, and then a leslie speaker as well.

P1010160.jpg

It's in perfect condition, apart from the knobs on the sliders, which have broken off. No idea how, the thing is solid.

Really, really loud. On it's lowest setting my wife can hear me outside the house.

It's really easy to play too. I don't know if i'm making excuses, but I have little sight in my right eye, so I find it hard to keep an eye on both hands at once when I'm playing. Having the keyboard split makes a hell of a difference.

It does have an annoying constant hum. It doesn't vary with volume, and I reckon it's about 50hz, as its almost in tune with the G bass pedal. Any ideas on that?

Archived