Help choosing a second synth

martin.p

• Members

Hi,

I am using a Kurzweil k2600x as my main board (with expansion boards) and now am looking for a second board or a rack synth to complete my stage rig.

I still have a small Roland xp-30 and M-audio stage piano (which I sometimes use connected with my laptop and VST instruments). Looking through the ads on internet I came across the Yamaha Motif rack es for a decent price. Would it be a good choice as a second synth with the k2600? What you think guys?

• Members

Kurzweil and motif rack es similar you think? I am waiting for the SCSI drive to load all my favourite samples into the kurzweil so the second board should be more like a rompler:). I heard many positive opinions about the motif rack es and its sounds quality.

• Members

Kurzweil and motif rack es similar you think? I am waiting for the SCSI drive to load all my favourite samples into the kurzweil so the second board should be more like a rompler:). I heard many positive opinions about the motif rack es and its sounds quality.

Its quality and everything is really nice, I just don't know if they will overlap too much... I don't know maybe I just don't know enough about the k2600

Archived