Has anyone used the quik lok M-91 stand?

vinceg

• Members

Especially with the 2nd tier option. I've sniffed around the Internet to get reviews and although they're generally positive, I've seen some conflicting reports. In particular:

Would appreciate any feedback.

cheers, V

• Members

I use an M-92 for gigging. It's been modified though, to bring the tiers closer together, and a third tier (I bought another second tier) has been welded on, that is easily adjustable, and removable for when I only want two tiers.

To answer your questions, yes, it's very stable, once the keyboards are in place. It's far more stable with the keyboards in place, especially with a heavy keyboard on the bottom tier. I have an 88 weighted on the bottom tier, and two semi-weighted 76's above that. Though to be fair, I made a small cross brace which slips on in seconds, that adds to the stability. It's OK without the brace, but better with it.

Very easy to set up and tear down, takes only seconds.

I play seated, and the height is fine for me (and adjustable).

My only gripe initially was the height and angle of the second tier. I generally like to have my keybeds set very close to one another for ease of playing, and I've yet to find a stand I didn't have to modify by cutting, drilling, and/or welding in some way. The M-92 is the best I've used so far. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

• Members

Ditto... I cut my second tier down also to bring the two manuals close together. I think QuikLok should make it this way since it'd be easy enough to still adjust it upwards. The M-92 is one of the best keyboard stand designs ever.

Archived