X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OB-8 Question

Hi there! I couldn't attend the forum for a long time. Hope everybody is fine. Recently acquired an OB-8 via ebay. It became a problematic purchase for me due to the dishonest seller. Anyway, I need some advice from OB owners. It doesn't work as it should. I guess it needs a complete service including a MIDI retrofit or possibly a DSX sequencer purchase. Would it be effective to disassemble the two voice boards and the processor board for an economical shipment to any service in Europe? I am looking for a competent service in Germany, France or UK. Shipping only the cards instead of the whole keyboard is my preference. Any suggestions are welcome ! :thu:
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Alesis A6 Andromeda <i>SCI Prophet-5</i> Korg Trident Roland Juno 106/60 <i>DSI PolyEvolver Rack </i>Moog Little Phatty <i>Vermona Synthesizer </i>Yamaha DX-7 <i>Casio CZ-3000 </i>Roland D-50 <i>Nord Lead-3 </i>Roland XV-5080 <i>Korg WaveStation AD </i>Yamaha A5000 Sampler <i>Crumar Orchestrator </i>Roland M480 <i>Presonus Comp16&amp;EQ3B</i></font></div>

Maybe try virtual-music in Austria
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    Memorymoog-LAMM Chroma Prophet5-Rev2 Prophet5-Rev3.3 OBX OB8 OB1 Matrix12 Andromeda Synthex Jupiter-8 Voyager Kobol<br />
    Oscar ProphetVS-Rack PPG-Wave2.3 SQ80 K3m EX8000<br />
    D50 DX7 TS10 VL1m XT30 FS1r K5000R E4Platinum K2500RS+KDFX Forat9000 R8M<br />
    DP4+ MPX1 VF11 SPH-323 SBF-325(x2) DistressorEL8X(x2)<br />
    </font></div>

Comment

What does MIDI retrofit or DSX sequencer purchase have to do with "it doesn't work as it should?"

<div class="signaturecontainer">Moe<br><br>---<br><br>It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hotrodmotm.com">http://www.hotrodmotm.com</a></div>

Comment

If the unit was still in production you might be able to get the manufacturer to run the boards through system diagnostics, but of course none of that is applicable or possible with an OB8. My guess is that you are going to have to ship the whole thing if you want it done right, so whoever is repairing it can test it (and his repairs) properly. And Moe is right about the other stuff.

Comment

Well, it doesn't have a MIDI. After a complete overhaul, the next step is to install a MIDI kit. That's what I mean Will look at that Austrian option. Thanks...
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Alesis A6 Andromeda <i>SCI Prophet-5</i> Korg Trident Roland Juno 106/60 <i>DSI PolyEvolver Rack </i>Moog Little Phatty <i>Vermona Synthesizer </i>Yamaha DX-7 <i>Casio CZ-3000 </i>Roland D-50 <i>Nord Lead-3 </i>Roland XV-5080 <i>Korg WaveStation AD </i>Yamaha A5000 Sampler <i>Crumar Orchestrator </i>Roland M480 <i>Presonus Comp16&amp;EQ3B</i></font></div>

Comment

Call Achim Lenzgen at the Synthesizer Service Department (germany):

http://www.synthesizerservice.de/

He's experienced and I can recommend his service.

Comment

Call Achim Lenzgen at the Synthesizer Service Department (germany):

http://www.synthesizerservice.de/

He's experienced and I can recommend his service.

Thanks for this great link !

Comment

skip the DSX.

Comment

Working...
                X