Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Sound KP 500

Hiya -- Anyone have experience with the new Motion Sound KP 500? Thanks --
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Steinway (model K, 1917), Korg Triton ProX, Korg T3, Motion-Sound KP200s with SL-200S slave and SW-15 powered subwoofer, Barbetta Sona 41, Hammond Porta B w/Leslie 147, Doric organ, Wurly 200, Fender Twin Reverb (1974), Violin (1921) with LR Baggs pickup, 1964 Guild &quot;parlor guitar&quot;<br />
    <b><font face="Palatino Linotype"><i>&quot;When facism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and carrying a cross&quot;</i> Sinclair Lewis 1885-1951</font></b></div>

i have one. It sounds great. What would you like to know?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;A wise man knows the difference between opera and barbeque...&quot;</div>

Comment

Thanks Pro, Having usedthe KP200s for a while, I'm wondering if the new 500 is built as well, if there is a significant discernable difference between the two in terms onstage output and if I can use it ( I imagine I can) with my Motion Sound slave and sub-woofer -- Thanks
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Steinway (model K, 1917), Korg Triton ProX, Korg T3, Motion-Sound KP200s with SL-200S slave and SW-15 powered subwoofer, Barbetta Sona 41, Hammond Porta B w/Leslie 147, Doric organ, Wurly 200, Fender Twin Reverb (1974), Violin (1921) with LR Baggs pickup, 1964 Guild &quot;parlor guitar&quot;<br />
      <b><font face="Palatino Linotype"><i>&quot;When facism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and carrying a cross&quot;</i> Sinclair Lewis 1885-1951</font></b></div>

Comment

I got lucky and found someone with a nearly-new KP-500sn for sale. I had used a KP-200s for a good number of years before getting the 500... i have since sold my KP-200 because I no longer need it.

The KP-500sn sounds every bit as good as the KP-200 IMHO and may even be a little better in tone - slightly clearer in the low midrange. There's not much different in the overall design other than a large increase in power between the KP-200 and the KP-500, however if you have one of the older KP-200's then you'll benefit from an improved preamp section also (I replaced the preamp section in my old KP-200). I'm sure your sub and/or slave will still work with the 500 but I find the 500 to have a nice even frequency response as it is.

I used the KP-500sn yesterday in a major civic center. I played my Kawai piano solo using the 500 as a stage monitor with balanced lines going to the FOH system. and another pianist also used my piano so I heard it both from the stage and from the front of house. The sound I had on stage from the KP-500sn was better than the FOH tone, which was a serious installed sound system. I was very proud of my KP-500sn and I think it may be the best keyboard amp on the market currently.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;A wise man knows the difference between opera and barbeque...&quot;</div>

Comment

Working...
        X