Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SY77 battery change -- have read forum instructions, have more specific questions!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SY77 battery change -- have read forum instructions, have more specific questions!

my Yamaha SY77 has always worked like a dream. yesterday I booted it up and it says WARNING: Replace internal battery! and displays gibberish instead of the usual greeting. all the internal patches are garbled text and have no audio output. when I try to go to an internal patch it says "WAV CARD NOT READY!"

all of the preset patches display normally but were also not outputting sound until I entered Multi and tried some of the drum sounds. then the presets started outputting.

should I get a 2032 battery and attempt the replacement myself? I have done solder jobs before but don't want to risk frying my board. how sensitive is this repair? is there a better battery I should obtain or is the standard 2032 you can get at Radioshack fine?

thanks for your input!

i don't know if the battery is directly soldered; if it is, i'd solder in a proper battery holder. 2032s are super-common, if you want an Energizer or Duracell, you'll have no problem hunting one down even at a grocery or drug store.

Comment

Working...
    X